- Serves: 5 people
- Prep Time: 5 Mins
- Cooking: 10 Mins
I’m here with a quick post, an easy recipe. Nothing can beat hot idly and spicy onion chutney Onion chutney is a great accompaniment to idly, dosa, upma and even appams .This is a very common dish in South India especially in Kerala. I usually prefer making onion chutney for idli and dosas.
Onion chutney is my to go chutney whenever I do not happen to have any coconut or tomatoes at home. As it just uses onions, it is easy to make and pack them with idlis, whenever we travel long distance. As it has no coconut, it is diabetic friendly and doesn’t spoil quickly as well unlike the other chutney varieties. Onion have a strong flavor and aroma, that come well in this chutney. Tamarind and red chilly add to the pungency. This chutney is a perfect version for onion uthappam,
This recipe is so easy and I prefer everyone to try this and do send me your feedbacks.
- Heat the Oil [ 1 Tbsp ], then add Sliced Onion and fry until they turn brown.
- Then add Red Chillies [3-4 depends on your taste], Tamarind piece (very small) and then add salt.
- Remove from heat and keep aside for 1 minute.
- Then Grind all the ingredients.
- Add a little bit Coconut Oil for garnishing.
Best and Suitable for Dosa and Idli.
Time Required to prepare this recipe - 3 Minutes
You may also like